Military Career

 In January 1990, I was seeking to better myself, I reported to MCRD San Diego for recruit training. After completing recruit training in April 1991, I attended the School of Infantry in Camp Pendleton, CA. After graduating the School of Infantry in July 1990, I reported to 2nd Battalion 7th Marines were served as an anti-tank assault man and assigned to the dragon’s platoon. On 14 August 1990, I then deployed to Saudi Arabia and then Iraq where I participated in Operations Desert Storm and Desert Shield.  


In July 1991, returning from Desert Shield /Storm, I was assigned as a fire team leader of an anti-tank team. In September 1991, deployed with 2nd Battalion 7th Marines to Okinawa Japan where I became a machine gunner team leader.   


In March 1992, after returning from Okinawa Japan, I was assigned as an assistant squad leader and attended the advance machine gunners course in Camp Pendleton, California. Upon return from the class, I continued to train and help the squad efficiently participate and successfully destroy an Army unit during a combined training exercise at Fort Irwin Army base.



In March 1993, I was reassigned to the Fleet Assistance Program in 29 Palms and worked with Marine Corps Community Service at the installations auto hobby shop. In December 1993, I departed the Marine Corps with an honorable discharge.



In November 2001, after the 911 attacks, I reentered the Marine Corps under the prior service program and was assigned as a recruiter assistant to the recruiting office in Chula Vista, CA. While at the recruiting station, I worked with the station recruiters with the recruiting effort and worked with the delayed entry Marines. 



In January 2002, I was assigned to 2nd Battalion 7th Marines where I served as an anti-tank assault man. In February 2002, deployed to Okinawa Japan, at the age of 31 and the oldest newest Marine in the battalion, I continued to improve and set a standard that would benefit all. During the 11-month deployment, I worked with my fellow Marines and began to mentor the junior Marines, and I continued to push myself to do great things while with the Battalion. Before deploying back to the states, I appointed as the embark chief for Weapons Company, where I was responsible for preparing and shipping over 3 million dollars of weapons and supporting gear to return stateside. 


In February 2004, I deployed to Alas ad, Iraq with the 2nd Batt 7th Marines were I participated in OIF and a vehicle commander for a Combined Anti-armor team (CATT). During the deployment me and my squad conducted over 65 vehicle combat security patrols, detected and secured over ten improvised explosives sites and weapons caches and acquired three high-risk targets. In June 2004 I was assigned as the assistant Squad leader of my CATT team where I continued to mentor and train the junior Marines. In July 2004, while conducting a crater analysis of a prior IED explosion site, one of my Marines observed disturbed dirt, and I decided to turn and walk away. As I turned around to walk away, the IED exploded behind me. In August 2004, I received a meritorious combat promotion to Sergeant and awarded a purple heart for injuries sustained the month prior. 


In September 2004, I returned to the states with 2nd Batt 7th Mar where I continued to train and prepare for another deployment back to Iraq. Then in February 2005, once again I deployed again to Falluja, Iraq where I was a squad leader of a CATT team. In April 2005, I was given a new CATT squad and was the squad leader for the Battalion Commanders Personal Security Detail and was responsible for the security and transportation of the Battalion Commander and SgtMaj Barrett. During the deployment, me and my squad conducted over 100 combat patrols with the Battalion Commander that covered the area of responsibility from Falluja to Al-Maria and Zion. During these combat patrols, my CATT team was hit by 5 IED’s, we detained five high-risk targets and engaged in firefights encountered during our mechanized patrols. I continued to maintain pose and professionalism while continuing to protect the Battalion Commander and his Marines in his charge. In October 2005, I returned to the states.

In March 2006, I asked if I could work with the Military Police (MP) and assigned to the Provost Marshall’s Office MCAGCC under the Fleet Assistance Program (FAP). During his time designated as a FAP Marine, I performed duties as gate sentry and Patrol Supervisor where I conducted investigations of crimes and performed traffic stops to ensure safety aboard the installation. In April 2007, I attended the Basic Marine Corps Military Police academy in Fort Leonard wood MI. After completing the academy, I returned to the Provost Marshal’s Office MCGCC, where again I was assigned as a watch commander and assigned a 15 Marine patrol squad. During my time I also responded to calls for service that varied from assaults, domestics, thefts, vandalism and enforced traffic regulations. While enforcing traffic regulations and or standing gate sentry, I detained and apprehended five drivers for operating a motor vehicle while under the influence of alcohol. I also attended and completed the Sergeants’ residence course in MCAGCC, 29 Palms, CA. During my tender in 29 Palms, I also participated in the Tactical Communication and defensive tactics training conducted at the Smith and Wesson Academy in Massachusetts. In March 2008 I completed the Marine Corps High-Risk Personal shooting program in Quantico, VA. 

 In June 2008, assigned to the Provost Marshal Office Combined Arms Training Center Camp Fuji Japan where I served as a traffic investigator and Provost Sergeant. During my time at Camp Fuji, I was responsible for the training and mentoring of 45 Marine Military Police officers and 20 Japanese security guards. I conducted training on the policies and procedures of military police operations. In October 2008, I was promoted to SSgt and reassigned as the Provost Sergeant. As the Provost Sergeant, I was responsible for the training and supervising of all Marines assigned to the Provost Marshal office and was the lesion to the insulation commander and reported all military crimes directly to the Commanding Officer. During my time at Camp Fuji, SSgt Paris volunteered for numerous events working with the public and accumulated over 300 hours of volunteer service. While stationed at Camp Fuji, I completed the Anti-Terrorism Officer Basic Course. In January 2009, I also attended and completed the Staff Non-Commissioned officer development course. In May 2009, I attended and completed the Anti-Terrorism Officer Advanced training course. 


 In July 2009, I was assigned back to the Provost Marshall Office(PMO) MCAGCC where I filled the position of a Watch Commander. I had the responsibility of training and supervising 18 Marine Military Police Officers and 8 Civilian Police Officers in day-to-day operations. Ensured training requirements were being met and provided training on the use of force, firearms instruction, and non-lethal weapons. After returning for the Non-Lethal weapons instructor course, March 2010, I approached the Police Chief and wanted to introduce the TASER to the department as another capability of a non-lethal weapon. After months of writing policies and training standards, I trained and certified over 70 Marines and 50 civilian police officers in the use of the Human Muscular Incapacitation Device (HEMI) also known as Taser. The PMO 29 Palms, CA. was the first to introduce the Taser program to the Marine Corps law enforcement community, and the policy and training standards I wrote were adapted by other insulations to use as their stepping stone for implementing the Taser program to their law enforcement dept. In March I attended a 3-month Military Police Investigator Course. In July 2011, I became a radar instructor and trained over 50 Marines, and 35 civilian officers in the use of speed measuring devices. During my time I also wrote performance appraisals for the Civilian Police Officers, supervised the mentorship program and managed payroll for the civilian officers.In May 2009, I attended and completed the Anti-Terrorism Officer Advanced training course. 



In July 2012 assigned to the Provost Marshal Office Marine Corps Base Okinawa where I was a Watch Commander. I was responsible for the supervision and training of 19 Marine Military Police Officers and eight officers from the Japanese security force in day-to-day operations. It was my responsibility to ensure that the 3 Camps in northern Okinawa that covered an area of 175 square miles. It was my job to ensure that these regions were regularly patrolled and still able to provide supervision to the Marines under his charge and I also responded to calls for service from assaults, domestics, stolen property, DUI’s and enforced traffic regulations. I ensured training requirements were being met and provided training on the use of force, firearms instruction, radar certifications and the use of non-lethal weapons. In April 2013, I completed the Senior Enlisted Joint Forces Professional Military Education. In January 2014, I was assigned as the Platoon Sergeant and responsible for the supervision and mentoring of 65 Marines and 30 officers from the Japanese security force. 

 In August 2014, I was assigned to the Marine Corps Police Dept. at the Marine Corps Mountain Warfare Training Center where I was the Provost Sergeant, a police executive. In November 2014, I was promoted to Gunnery Sergeant. During my time at Pickle Meadows, I enforced rules and regulations and supervised 36 civilian police officers in day-to-day operations. It was also my responsibility to train and certify police officers in firearms training, emergency vehicle operations, endorse police officers in the use of speed measuring devices (radar), and conduct non-lethal training. Again, I introduced the HEMI program to the Base Civilian Police Department a training plan that I instated back in 2009 in 29 Palms. I also reviewed incident complaint reports, investigate civil complaints toward police officers and establish policies and procedures. During my time in Bridgeport, I wrote six Chief of Police instructions for the Marine Corps Police Department. I also created training plans and risk assessments to support training events and was the Officer in Charge of all live fire ranges the police officers used to meet their training requirements. Coordinated with outside Law enforcement agencies on operation situations or plan training events. Trained and certified 75 Marines assigned to the base Security Augment Force. I was also the Marine senior enlisted adviser to the police chief and the base commander.  


In February 2015, I attended the Emergency Vehicle operator course when upon his return he developed a training plan and trained and certified 32 civilian Police officers to meet the requirements for emergency vehicle operation. In April 2015, I attended the Police Executive course that was developed for the executive staff that included Police and Deputy Chiefs, Provost and Deputy Provost Chiefs and Provost Sergeants.  In November 2015, I attended the NRA Law Enforcement Patrol Rifle Course, and upon my return, I created and developed a training plan. Then I and trained and certified over 36 Marine Corps civilian police officers to include a trip I volunteered for to the Marine Corps Logistics base in Barstow Ca. and provided the same patrol rifle training for their 55 civilian police officers.